We sized and priced out the entire house with double hung windows – 25 in all. When calculating for SDL, simulated divided light type, this came to (are you sitting down) $63,700. There was of course a 10% discount if I signed a deal that day. Really – you walk in and walk out with over $60k in 2 hours? Additionally they measured for two bay windows in our house – those two came in for $21,000 – what! That’s a lot of nerve to ask for $84,000 for 27 windows, huh? I got a very telling answer from the sales guy after I told him that there was nothing which was going to get me to sign – I asked how many people thought about it and called back in a few weeks and ordered windows – you know think it over, make comparisons, find the money. His answer was that less than 1% of prospects make a purchase after the initial sales guy leaves. This to me means that over 99% of prospects clear their head and realize that these guys are just throwing out prices to see what will stick. I was not provided a quote to keep – I could write the numbers down myself if I wanted – and that extra 10% discount price – that could not be extended after he pulled out of the driveway “there are consumer laws preventing this” – really – really? You are forbidden by law from quoting me a price and honoring that quote for more than 90 minutes? Honestly this turns me off the whole Andersen brand.
These are the ugliest windows I have ever seen. Look and feel like gray metal. I feel like I’m living in a trailer.
Had all windows replaced as well as patio doors (over 25 in total). While the windows are priced at the upper range, the quality you get in return is more than worth it. Added bonus is the service which was excellent from installation, to followup. I would recommend highly.
I was under the impression that it would help with noise level as we live on a busy street with lots of traffic. The noise was only intensified. The salesman never told us about the different payment options or that if you buy four you get one free (ha, ha). We were told they had their own installers and that they didn’t subcontract them–wrong, they did subcontract the job out. When the main reason for replacement windows was for noise and they said it would be improved, but it’s far from quieter. My husband may be happy, but Mommy isn’t! Husband can’t hear, Mommy can!! Our old windows kept the noise down better than the new ones!!!! What a waste of good money, windows are not cheap. Even the ones from Home Depot in our old house kept the noise down better than the new Andersen’s.